发新话题
打印

Urgent! Computer problems. Asking for Help.

Urgent! Computer problems. Asking for Help.

My laptop I use everyday and depend on has stopped working. It has simply refused to be turned on. I think the data are still OK. Any advice as to what to do, especially how to get the data out of it?
Many thanks in advance for any help you could give.
(My contact info.:  linhuadance@hotmail.com)

Many thanks to absentfriend, haobdc, BendyLiu and those of you who have called me!!!!!! Here is a progress report to you:
I was able to get hold of Mr. Li who has been of great and generous help. Thank you, Mr. Li. You are a saint!  (Thank you so much, AbsentFriend, also. You are a great friend in need even though you are absent.)
With a software called Kanotix which bypasses the computer's OS, I am now getting all my data downloaded to an external hard drive. What a relief already to realize that my data are safe!!
The problem started with Windows Updates which automatically started by restarting my computer. However, before the updating was finished, the power went out and the computer was turned off. After that I tried to reswitch the laptop on, but it refused to listen to me (it would be on for a minute or two and shut off again.)
I will let you all know what happens from here. And many thanks again to all.

发新话题