发新话题
打印

[求助信息] 关于银行卡!小妹求助

Royal Bank's student classic 2 VISA is not bad.

No fees and you can still get points to redeem for gift cards and stuff. It's a good deal for students. Bank of Montreal's mastercard is great for others, not so much for students.

Dont know if lina knows that Airmiles is not as useful to student as gift cards.

Gift card is always better than discounts if you must know.

Hey, nothing to offend BMO.

Just want to give our new comers more options. No one want this column to be a Bank of Montreal free advertisement.
I just want this Xiao Mei to make the most informed decision. Not just someone who has self interest in the issue and bias only towards the services that BMO provides.

These are the banks available in Victoria:
1. Bank of Nova Scotia
2. Toronto Dominion Bank
3. HSBC
4. CIBC
4. Royal Bank of Canada
5. Bank of Montreal

To XiaoMei:

Go check all of them and pick the one that you like the best.

To Imp0518,
That means you have spent $20,000 to get that $100.  For every 2 dollar you spent, you get 1 cent back. If I spent 1 dollar at UVic for a coke and return the bottle and I get 5 cents back. And you still think you got a deal?

I m not a student who spend a lot. To spend more than $20,000. It ll probably take me two years. You know what, you can only get 0.5% back. If you don't spend it and put it in a savings account or GICs, you get 3% back. Let's see which way you save quicker.

Come one! Is this really necessary, really? All these long paragraphs of bla bla bla. So, what do you want? Help BMO or save you face? You got both here. Congratulations!

BMO is really good at commerial lending which I have to agree. But the personal banking, come on, all the people in the industry know that it is not that good no matter how aggressive you guys are(I didn't say lousy, but as least not that good).  

By the way, to Lina, if you wanna get more commissions or better performance reward, how about transfer yourself to the lending or commerial banking. With your "outstanding" ability to bla, you will be way better off there.

I know I bs a lot. But all I do is to let know other choices. Unlike our parent's generation, all our teens or twenty something want to have choices. No matter what bank we choose, it is about who we are.

If you sit down and think why these banks give us this discount or that gift card or even ?% cash back, all they do is to make us spend more, spending money on things we don't even need to. And you know why, the VISA / Mastercard companies on average make 3 to 4% on every purchase of yours. And you know what this does? For everywhere that accept VISA / Mastercard, the price will be at least 3 to 4% more expensive than else where.

So, let's shop at China Town where only cash or debit card is accepted! Juuuuust kidding.

I didn't say "no defend", I said "nothing to offend", totally different meaning.
I think you are really pissed off. Hey, all I said is that BMO is not as good and it is not the only bank in town. There are others. Don't know why you are so angry.
I don't have to answer directly on why BMO's service or product is not good enough. It is up to other people to decide. Plus, who am I to judge. Canada is free of speech.
I didn't say you did not do a good job giving out banking info. You did do an outstanding job giving out banking info at BMO. That's all.

This column is called "投资理财", not "投资理财 at BMO". If someone takes the time to count how many times you mentioned "BMO" in your postings, people will be amazed, at least I will.
Hey, relax, this is just a bbs, not a professional playground where you make presentations. Don't get pissed off when social loafers like me bs here. I bet you have better work to do.

There we go. That's all I meant, but maybe in a bs way.  And maybe what we need are people like airmiles who can give us neutral comments on the banking products, services, and their individual experience.
Maybe she does not know enough to give us a broader view. Nothing personal, it is just my two cents. I think it is up to all of us with difference point of views to make this column a better one.

Obviously she's the boss here. Everybody "loves" her.
Hey, just open you mind, there's a lot to see in Canada. All the competitions bring us the free economy. To those who "loves" BMO or any of the banks, just have a look at the others. It might surprise you what you have missed. If your source of information is only from one party, you will lose your ability to judge.
And it is not like you are marriaged to the bank. And the more flexiblity you have when dealing with business, the more power you have as a consumer to bargain for the best. Don't let one business suck you in.
As banks might say that if you stay with them longer and be their full service client, or whatever,  they ll give you what they called the best products that "suits" you. Come on, if you are a smarty from a business school, you know it's all bullshiting, coz you know who they are and how they suck the $ out of you. Just keep in mind, the longer or "loyaler" you stick with one bank or any business, the less flexibility you have, and eventually, as a consumer, you lose what is the most important to you as a consumer in every business transaction - you ability to made your own decision.
No matter how nice people treats you in the world of business(I only mean business), there's always an incentive behind and a claw-back after all the gift-wrapped "genuineness". So, just don't be that naive.
Let's just wrap up this posting, last word:
To all those who always see the best side of people, just one quote from the Godfather: "Nothing personal, it is all business."

发新话题